LED (light-emitting diode) lights are energy-efficient semi-conductors that are rapidly replacing traditional Thomas-Edison-designed incandescent bulbs as America's lighting source. Since federal energy legislation is phasing out the production of traditional bulbs, home and business owners need to find a new source of illumination. LED lights are well-suited to become America's light bulb of choice. There are many good reasons for choosing LED lighting, not the least of which is their durability and efficiency.
Benefits of using LED lights
1. They last a lot longer. The typical LED bulb lasts around 35,000 to 50,000 hours. That compares to just around 1,000 to 2,000 hours for a traditional incandescent bulb and around 10,000 hours for a fluorescent light.
2. LED lights are more efficient. With traditional incandescent light bulbs as little as 10 percent of the energy they generate is used to create light. The majority of their energy goes towards making heat. With LED lights, the majority of the energy produced by the bulb goes towards illumination.
3. They are kind to the environment. Because they last so much longer, you'll use fewer bulbs when you switch to LED lights, keeping spent bulbs out of America's land fills. In addition, LED bulbs contain no toxic materials and are recyclable.
4. They are good for lighting heat-sensitive items. Items like fine art, food and antiques can be damaged from the heat given off by traditional light bulbs. Since LED lighting gives off virtually no heat, these types of bulbs are suitable for applications that aren't compatible with incandescent bulbs.
5. LED bulbs are kind to your budget. While LED bulbs are initially a little more expensive than incandescent light bulbs, you'll save money in the long run by not having to replace these bulbs so often. It's also likely that the price of LED bulbs will decrease as these lights become more widely used and production ramps up. Businesses will save money in maintenance labor costs by switching to LED lighting.
6. They are versatile. Unlike CFL (compact fluorescent lamps), those spiral-shaped bulbs, LED lights can be produced in a rainbow of colors, everything from red to yellow to purple, and a myriad of shapes and sizes. There's an LED light for most any application.
While LED lighting may not be the right choice for everyone, these types of lights are energy-efficient, safe for lighting heat-sensitive articles, versatile and can even save you money in the long run. Contact a business, such as JF Electrical Contractors, Inc, for more information.Share